Today is my due date and no baby. We had guessed she would be late but we were hoping we were wrong. My last appointment with our midwife I hadn't made any progress in two weeks. We agreed to wait until my next appointment on Thursday, December 9th to discuss having an induction the following week. Hopefully, my friend Jodie was right and just scheduling an induction will magically put me into labor.
I want to avoid using any kind of drugs. The two drugs they will use to induce labor are Cervadil, which they will start the night before, and Pitocin. The Pitocin will actually start contractions, but they are much more intense and longer lasting than if my contractions start naturally. If I end up having both of those drugs the likelihood that I will want an epidural will be higher.
I really don't want the epidural. It starts with a gigantic needle that the anesthesiologist will insert into my spine. If the epidural works properly I will not be able to feel anything from the waist down, I will be stuck in the bed and unable to walk around, and when it wears off I may have some seriously itchy skin. If it doesn't work I may be completely numb on one side and in pain on the other. I would much rather be able to walk and move around while I'm in labor to deal with the pain.
We are definitely ready for her to be here. Her room is ready and we have her carseat installed in my Christmas/Birthday present for the next four years. Brandon bought me a Volkswagen Jetta last weekend. This picture is the same car in the same color. It just looks better than the one I took.



No comments:
Post a Comment