Friday, December 17, 2010

We Have a Baby!

Diana Jane is here. She was born at 4:15 PM on December 10, 2010. She weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.
We decided to go ahead and schedule an induction. At my appointment on December 9th we were going to talk about dates and we asked if they had an opening that day. They did. Eight hours later I was checking into the hospital. They put me on Cervadil at 10:00 that night and around 8:00 the next morning they started the Pitocin.
At first I couldn't feel any of my contractions. I was watching them on the monitor but couldn't feel anything. By 3:00 AM on Friday I could feel them but they were tolerable. By 10:00 AM my contractions were miserable and I felt like I was going to be sick. Brandon tried to find something for me but he wasn't quick enough and I ended up throwing up on him. I decided it was time for the epidural.
The anesthesiologist was already on the floor so we didn't have to wait long. Minutes after he finished I couldn't feel anything. I spent the rest of the day napping and Brandon watched movies until they came in and told me it was time to push. I started pushing at 3:50 and Diana was here at 4:15.

We spent the mandatory two days in the hospital and by Sunday I was so ready to escape. We got out of the hospital around 1:00 that afternoon and I was so happy to be home.
Everything has gone very well this week. We are doing a great job with breastfeeding and she has been a very good baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment